Beach Cleanup at Fiesta Island – Mission Bay
October 10 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
*Our cleanup events are currently suspended until further notice.
San Diego Coastkeeper hosts a beach cleanup at Mission Bay – Fiesta Island. Meet on the sand near the dirt parking lot.
From I-5 North or South: Take exit 21 for Sea World Dr/Tecolote Rd and head west. Turn right at the 1st cross street onto E Mission Bay Dr. Meet on the sand near the dirt parking lot.
Beach Cleanup Information
- Meet at the location described, and look for the blue Coastkeeper pop-up tent. That’s where you’ll start your morning by signing in and borrowing cleanup supplies.
- We will have supplies on hand, but by bringing your own reusable gloves, reusable bag/bucket and/or reusable water bottle, we create less waste in order to remove it.
- Please wear comfortable clothes, closed-toed shoes and sunscreen. All volunteers (individuals as well as groups) are welcome to participate and must sign this liability waiver. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present at the beginning of the cleanup to sign a liability waiver before the minor can participate.
- Registration is not required unless a group is larger than 20 people – to register please contact email@example.com.
- As a volunteer, you play an active role in determining the sources of trash on our beaches. During the cleanup, please be prepared to fill out a data card detailing the types of trash that you collected, and make sure to have your trash weighed when you return to the registration table at the end of the cleanup.
Note: We are celebrating our 25th anniversary this year with the Coastkeeper Cleanup Challenge! To help us celebrate, don’t forget to tag us in your pics @sdcoastkeeper and use the hashtag #CoastkeeperCleanupChallenge!
Weather Cancellation Policy
If it is lightly raining, we will hold the cleanup. If there are heavy rains, we will cancel the cleanup. To check the status of a cleanup, please see the San Diego Coastkeeper events calendar or visit us on social media.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org