Since I joined San Diego Coastkeeper in 2009, protecting the health of our waters has meant I could pour every ounce of my professional effort into a cause that is deeply, personally meaningful to me and critically important for our region. And every day I work alongside a dedicated staff and board of directors that approaches the mission of fishable, swimmable, drinkable water with intelligence, humor and fearlessness.
Joining San Diego Coastkeeper fulfilled my dream that meaningful work can be fun, and learning happens over a lifetime.
I can’t help but be exceedingly proud of all we have accomplished together.
- Successfully advocated for Pure Water recycling in the City of San Diego
- Won faster beach water quality testing
- Achieved a new watershed-based permit that allows cities and agencies to collaborate to reduce pollution
- Launched STEM “Water Kits” for elementary school kids all over the county
- Expanded the state’s largest volunteer water quality monitoring program
- Built partnerships with a wide range of community, industry and business groups
Now, after six and a half years with San Diego Coastkeeper, I’m ready for the next adventure—but I’m not going far! I’ll join San Diego Grantmakers as the senior director of collaborative philanthropy, a new position responsible for driving the organization’s member and cross-sector collaborations to address critical community issues. I will be with Coastkeeper until October 2, and you’re encouraged to help find our next leader by sharing our executive director job description.
As we celebrate San Diego Coastkeeper’s 20th anniversary, the path forward is clear. Our board approved a strategic plan that guides our continued success (don’t miss the big ‘reveal’ at the Seaside Soiree!). And our incredible staff continues to grow and to outdo itself in expertise and innovation. Twenty years of clean water accomplishments and the dynamic team we have in place provide an incredible foundation from which the next executive director will springboard to another two decades of clean water work.
It has been my absolute pleasure and privilege to lead San Diego Coastkeeper and what comes next promises to be even better.
For fishable, swimmable, drinkable water,