In Water Education For All Lesson 1: Watersheds and Water Quality, students will learn to test pH, temperature, dissolved oxygen, and turbidity using the World Water Monitoring Kits (or other available kits in their programs). These parameters will be used as a watershed case study to help students understand how our daily activities can make our watersheds healthy or polluted. They will compare San Diego Coastkeeper water quality data with their results. The lesson includes a PowerPoint with slide notes to help educators teach the lesson on their own.
Also for educators we have a list of materials and a one-page explaining how to build your own watershed model. These models may be used for future exhibits and hands-on presentations.
- Watersheds Lesson (English)
- Watersheds Lesson (Spanish)
- Watersheds and Water Quality PowerPoint
- Watersheds and Water Quality Activity Outline
- Water Quality Lesson, 6-12 Grade (English)
- Water Quality Lesson, 6-12 Grade (Spanish)
- How to Make a Watershed Model
- Watershed Lesson Fair Style (for libraries or other informal settings)