BEACH CLEANUP – Imperial Beach
January 17 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 amFree
The Surfrider Foundation, San Diego Chapter hosts a beach cleanup at Imperial Beach. Meeting location TBD.
From I-5 North or South: Exit Palm Avenue. Exit at Palm Avenue and head west. Follow Palm Avenue all the way to the end (you have to veer left at a light next to the Goodwill; if you veer right you will head to Coronado). When you get to the stop sign at the end of Palm Avenue (near the ocean), turn left onto Seacoast Drive. Take Seacoast Drive for about four blocks, then turn right on Elm Avenue. Find parking on the street and continue walking down Elm Avenue until you hit the beach.
Beach Cleanup Information
- Meet at the location described, and look for the blue pop-up tent. That’s where you’ll start your morning by signing in and borrowing cleanup supplies.
- We will have supplies on hand, but by bringing your own reusable gloves, reusable bag/bucket and/or reusable water bottle, we create less waste in order to remove it.
- Please wear comfortable clothes, closed-toed shoes and sunscreen. All volunteers (individuals as well as groups) are welcome to participate and must sign this liability waiver. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present at the beginning of the cleanup to sign a liability waiver before the minor can participate.
- Registration is not required unless a group is larger than 25 people – to register please contact [email protected].
- As a volunteer, you play an active role in determining the sources of trash on our beaches. During the cleanup, please be prepared to fill out a data card detailing the types of trash that you collected, and make sure to have your trash weighed when you return to the registration table at the end of the cleanup.
Weather Cancellation Policy
If it is lightly raining, we will hold the cleanup. If there are heavy rains, we will cancel the cleanup. To check the status of a cleanup, please see the San Diego Coastkeeper events calendar or visit us on social media.
For additional information, please contact: [email protected].