The organization also welcomes four board of directors to its leadership team
- Engage the community and use internal mechanisms to find and fix six significant water quality problems in San Diego County.
- Build a coalition and create an enforcement framework for marine protected areas.
- Reduce sewage discharge into the ocean by supporting wastewater recycling in the City of San Diego.
- Fund the organization’s programs fully and build at least a three-month cash reserve.
- Harriet Lazer, a founder, partner and CFO of Walker Group, a human resource consulting firm based in Phoenix, Arizona and later in San Diego.
- Micah Mitrosky, an environmental organizer with IBEW Local 569, who works to ensure San Diego and Imperial County’s green economy creates good, middle-class jobs that are sustainable for local workers and for the environment.
- Eleanor Musick, an attorney at Procopio, who specializes in patent prosecution in areas such as telecommunications, computer software, geophysics and oceanography, trademark and copyright prosecution and intellectual property licensing.
- Gregg Sadowsky, a senior vice president and senior market officer of RegencyCenters, a nationwide real estate investment trust (REIT) that specializes in grocery-anchored shopping centers and whose innovative sustainability practices significantly reduce the use of natural resources and increase operating efficiency.
For more information on San Diego Coastkeeper, its strategic plan and its board of directors, please visit https://www.sdcoastkeeper.org.”
SAN DIEGO COASTKEEPER: Founded in 1995, San Diego Coastkeeper protects and restores fishable, swimmable and drinkable waters in San Diego County. Visit us online at https://www.sdcoastkeeper.org.