World Oceans Day Beach Cleanup at South Mission Beach
June 8 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
San Diego Surfrider Foundation hosts a cleanup at South Mission Beach. Mission beach is a fun beach with great surf that attracts tourists from all over. Because of its popularity, it tends to be one of the beaches in San Diego with the most debris. Meet on the grassy area next to the parking lot, do not go to Belmont Park.
From I-5 North or South: Take I- 8 West or Sea World Drive. Follow the signs to West Mission Bay Drive. Make a left on Mission Blvd (you will see the Big Dipper Rollercoaster, Belmont Park on the far left). Follow Mission Blvd. south all the way to the end. At the end go right on N Jetty Rd and park in the parking lot.
Beach Cleanup Information
- Meet at the location described, and look for the blue Surfrider pop-up tent. That’s where you’ll start your morning by signing in and borrowing cleanup supplies.
- We will have supplies on hand, but by bringing your own reusable gloves, reusable bag/bucket and/or reusable water bottle, we create less waste in order to remove it.
- Please wear comfortable clothes, closed-toed shoes and sunscreen. All volunteers (individuals as well as groups) are welcome to participate and must sign this liability waiver. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present at the beginning of the cleanup to sign a liability waiver before the minor can participate.
- Registration is not required unless a group is larger than 20 people – to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As a volunteer, you play an active role in determining the sources of trash on our beaches. During the cleanup, please be prepared to fill out a data card detailing the types of trash that you collected, and make sure to have your trash weighed when you return to the registration table at the end of the cleanup.
Weather Cancellation Policy
If it is lightly raining, we will hold the cleanup. If there are heavy rains, we will cancel the cleanup. To check the status of a cleanup, please see the San Diego Coastkeeper events calendar or visit us on social media.
For additional information, please contact email@example.com.