Beach Cleanup at Tourmaline Surf Park
August 10 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Join us for a cleanup at Pacific Beach – Tourmaline Surf Park. Tourmaline Surf Park is a great spot to surf and find gypsum crystals along the cliffs. Meet next to the public restrooms by the parking lot.
From I-5 North or South: Exit Balboa/Garnet Ave/Grand Ave. Merge onto Mission Bay Drive. Head west on Garnet Ave. Turn right onto Mission Blvd. Turn left onto La Jolla Blvd. Turn left onto Tourmaline St. Park in the parking lot at the bottom of the hill.
Beach Cleanup Information
- Meet at the location described, and look for the blue Coastkeeper pop-up tent. That’s where you’ll start your morning by signing in and borrowing cleanup supplies.
- We will have supplies on hand, but by bringing your own reusable gloves, reusable bag/bucket and/or reusable water bottle, we create less waste in order to remove it.
- Please wear comfortable clothes, closed-toed shoes and sunscreen. All volunteers (individuals as well as groups) are welcome to participate and must sign this liability waiver. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present at the beginning of the cleanup to sign a liability waiver before the minor can participate.
- Registration is not required unless a group is larger than 20 people – to register please contact email@example.com.
- As a volunteer, you play an active role in determining the sources of trash on our beaches. During the cleanup, please be prepared to fill out a data card detailing the types of trash that you collected, and make sure to have your trash weighed when you return to the registration table at the end of the cleanup.
Weather Cancellation Policy
If it is lightly raining, we will hold the cleanup. If there are heavy rains, we will cancel the cleanup. To check the status of a cleanup, please see the San Diego Coastkeeper events calendar or visit us on social media.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org