Surfrider San Diego Chapter hosts a beach cleanup at Torrey Pines State Beach. Meet at the lifeguard tower by the entrance to the North parking lot. Visit www.surfridersd.org for details and updates.
From I-5: Take Carmel Valley Rd west and turn left at McGonigle Rd into the entrance of Torrey Pines State Beach (North lot). Pay for parking or park on the street outside the Park.
Beach Cleanup Information
- Meet at the location described, and look for the blue pop-up tent. That’s where you’ll start your morning by signing in and borrowing cleanup supplies.
- We will have supplies on hand, but by bringing your own reusable gloves, reusable bag/bucket and/or reusable water bottle, we create less waste in order to remove it.
- Please wear comfortable clothes, closed-toed shoes and sunscreen. All volunteers (individuals as well as groups) are welcome to participate and must sign this liability waiver. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present at the beginning of the cleanup to sign a liability waiver before the minor can participate.
- Registration is not required unless a group is larger than 25 people – to register please contact email@example.com.
- As a volunteer, you play an active role in determining the sources of trash on our beaches. During the cleanup, please be prepared to fill out a data card detailing the types of trash that you collected, and make sure to have your trash weighed when you return to the registration table at the end of the cleanup.
Weather Cancellation Policy
If it is lightly raining, we will hold the cleanup. If there are heavy rains, we will cancel the cleanup. To check the status of a cleanup, please see the San Diego Coastkeeper events calendar or visit us on social media.
For additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.