In Water Education For All Lesson 5: Animal Adaptations, students discover ways animals change over time. Students will learn that animals can change in order to live in their own changing environment and discuss how San Diego coastal habitats lead local wildlife to develop certain characteristics. To cement the lesson students will create an animal of their own. They will have to think about what adaptations are necessary for their animal to live in a San Diego aquatic ecosystem – and be encouraged to be as creative as possible to give their animal an advantage!
- Animal Adaptation Lesson (English)
- Animal Adaptation Lesson (Spanish)
- A-Z San Diego Animal Guide Bilingual Coloring Book (English)
- A-Z San Diego Animal Guide Bilingual Coloring Book (Spanish)
- San Diego Habitats Prezi
- Build Your Own Animal Activity
- Aquatic Animal Activity Booklet