Internship Status: Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Position open until filled. Candidates should be able to commit to a minimum three-month term, and priority will be given to applicants who can commit to a six-month term. Start and end dates are flexible.
San Diego Coastkeeper, a non-profit organization working to protect and restore fishable, swimmable, drinkable water in San Diego, seeks an energetic, self-motivated individual to support the Development Manager with various fundraising activities. Successful candidates will be excellent communicators, demonstrate attention to detail, and pride themselves on their organizational skills. The intern must be comfortable working as part of a team, but also thrive in an autonomous, unsupervised environment. This is an excellent position for anyone looking to gain concrete experience with fundraising, or those interested in developing a better understanding of the inner workings of non-profit organizations.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Produce social media content across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Manage public interactions across all social channels
- Manage an editorial calendar and keep team informed of relevant local news media
- Follow messaging, brand and voice guidelines
- Measure social media data and analytics
- Social media, internet and tech savvy
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Google Drive and Microsoft Office applications is required. Familiarity with Hootsuite is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Motivation to learn about local water quality issues and environmental science
- Strong writing and communication skills
Founded in 1995, San Diego Coastkeeper protects and restores fishable, swimmable, drinkable water in San Diego County. San Diego Coastkeeper’s staff includes legal, science, and program staff, supported by numerous highly-trained interns and volunteers.
This is an unpaid internship. Priority will be giving to applicants seeking an internship to meet a college graduation or credit requirement.
10-15 hours per week with varying hours. Occasional weekends and evenings may be required. Exact schedule can be flexible around work and school schedules, but applicants should be able to commit to working with San Diego Coastkeeper for at least six months. Start and end dates are flexible.
This position is open until filled. Candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com and put “Social Media Internship” in the subject line.